Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu> on 2005/09/25 10:15:06 UTC

Customn dependency scopes

Hi,

I've set up a simple web-app (war) project with Maven 2. Now I need to
place some artifacts from my repository (a few jar's accessed by JNLP)
in the root of the war. Just declaring them as dependencies puts them in
the WEB-INF/lib directory.

Is it possible to define a new kind of dependency scope (for example
'client') and then copy the artifacts in the 'package' goal to the right
location?

Thanks
Tim

Re: Customn dependency scopes

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is an open JIRA for the war plugin to allow this (specifically
> for applets and jnlp). It has not yet been implemented.

For those interested this is http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-896.

Mark

Re: Customn dependency scopes

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can work around it by writing your own small plugin (or use the
> antrun plugin), to copy the jar into place in an earlier phase.

BTW, I tried this with antrun using the maven ant tasks for transitive
deps, but encountered MNG-1017.  Admittedly it could be achieved with
native ant tasks but that was just too evil for me to attempt.

Mark

Re: Customn dependency scopes

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Tim,

I have the same needs and wrote a plugin that merely copy all dependencies into
a directory of your choice - it's largely inspired from war plugin, of course
:)  Let me know if you are interested.

Yann

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.