Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Barry d'Hoine <ba...@amplexor.com> on 2017/05/16 13:34:36 UTC

Possible memory leak

Hello guys,

Our server is going out of memory due to insufficient metaspace. When analysing the heapdump that was created we also noticed in the Eclipse Memory Analyser that the is a possible memory leak suspect in org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.cache.CacheLIRS

The information shown by the application is:
One instance of "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.cache.CacheLIRS" loaded by "org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoaderJava5 @ 0x4c6efdb50" occupies 978,154,888 (63,79%) bytes. The memory is accumulated in one instance of "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.cache.CacheLIRS$Segment[]" loaded by "org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoaderJava5 @ 0x4c6efdb50".

Keywords
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoaderJava5 @ 0x4c6efdb50
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.cache.CacheLIRS
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.cache.CacheLIRS$Segment[]

We are using oak version 1.2.18, is this something to be alarmed about or is it a false positive?

Grtz,
Barry

Re: Possible memory leak

Posted by Barry d'Hoine <ba...@amplexor.com>.
Okay, after looking further into this it is indeed as you explained, thanks!

Re: Possible memory leak

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.