Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Prashant Dave <pd...@gwmail.gwu.edu> on 2012/08/16 20:59:48 UTC

Nutch 2.0 Error

I am trying to get Nutch 2.0 working as per the instructions on the
following page:

http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/Nutch2Tutorial

I am getting the following error. Is there a configuration setting
that is missing? Looks like there is a jar that is not there in the
classpath. Any help is appreciated.

pdave@pdave-Vostro-1500:~/src/apache-nutch-2.0/runtime/local/bin$
./nutch inject /someseedDir
InjectorJob: starting
InjectorJob: urlDir: /someseedDir
InjectorJob: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.gora.hbase.store.HBaseStore
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
	at org.apache.nutch.storage.StorageUtils.getDataStoreClass(StorageUtils.java:76)
	at org.apache.nutch.storage.StorageUtils.createWebStore(StorageUtils.java:67)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.run(InjectorJob.java:243)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.inject(InjectorJob.java:268)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.run(InjectorJob.java:288)
	at org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob.main(InjectorJob.java:298)

Re: Nutch 2.0 Error

Posted by Prashant Dave <pd...@gwmail.gwu.edu>.
I had to revert back to hbase-0.90.6 in order to get this working.

Re: Nutch 2.0 Error

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prashant,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Prashant Dave <pd...@gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:
> There was a problem in the ivy settings file.  I had to uncomment the
> following line to get past this error.
>   <!-- Uncomment this to use HBase as Gora backend. -->
>
>     <dependency org="org.apache.gora" name="gora-hbase" rev="0.2"
> conf="*->default" />

This is not a problem it is intentional and is explained in the
tutorial maybe you missed this part. Also as Ryan mentions (as as
mentioned again in the tutorial) we know that the Gora enabled storage
stack works with HBase version 0.90.4 (and some more recent
distributions within this version).

Best
Lewis

Re: Nutch 2.0 Error

Posted by "Ryan L. Sun" <li...@gmail.com>.
I had experienced the same error before, try hbase version 0.90.4 instead.

Re: Nutch 2.0 Error

Posted by Prashant Dave <pd...@gwmail.gwu.edu>.