Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/24 01:05:38 UTC

Re: 2 new methods in MultiFieldQueryParser

Hello Andraz (dobar dan),

I patched my local version of MultiFieldQueryParser a long time ago,
but never committed your patch.  I see the 2 new methods that you
added, but I'm having trouble coming up with a use case where one would
need to construct a query such as field1:query1 field2:query2 ....
fieldN:queryN
Hm, something like this:

sender:Andraz   subject:MultiFieldQueryParser   body:patch

?

I guess that can be handy for advanced search screens and such.  I'll
put the patched MultiFieldQueryParser in CVS now.  Thanks, and sorry
for the delay.

Otis

--- Andraz Skoric <an...@medius.si> wrote:

> Hi, I hope i did it right. Diff file is attached. If there's anything
>
> wrong please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Andraz
>

> Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>
> >My email reader munges inlined text files like this one (line wraps,
> >etc.).
> >Would it be possible for you to:
> >
> >1) create a diff (cvs diff -u ....)
> >
> >2) attach it to a new entry in Bugzilla
> >   (http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Lucene)
> >OR
> >3) zip the cvs diff and attach it to email
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Otis
> >

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-tar
name=MultiFieldQueryParser1.4.diff.tar