Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Langer Arnaud <al...@sopragroup.com> on 2011/07/07 15:54:46 UTC

URI served from cache

Hi there,

My question is simple : is it possible to disable the cache of Tomcat ?
I think I've browsed the entire web about that without finding my answer.
As I'm developping a website under Eclipse, I would like to see modifications as they are developped but here, when I change an image, for example, it's always given from the Tomcat's cache : I can see, in the Console of Tomcat, for each page I request, about 20 messages like this one :
{date and hour} DEBUG [http-8080-1] lutece.cache - URI served from cache : /PSP/images/logo.png

If I modifiy the logo.png, I can't see the new one in my browser, even if I stop and restart Tomcat, even if I disable my browser's cache...

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26 on Windows XP SP3.

Thanks by advance for any way of answer.

Arnaud LANGER
Division Secteur Public

Sopra group.

Armor Plazza
5 & 7 Impasse Claude Nougaro CS 90314
44803 SAINT HERBLAIN CEDEX
Phone : +33 (0)2 40 38 94 27
alanger@sopragroup.com<ma...@sopragroup.com> - www.sopragroup.com<http://www.sopragroup.com>

Ce message peut contenir des informations confidentielles dont la divulgation est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite en l'absence d'autorisation explicite de l'émetteur. Dans l'hypothèse où vous auriez reçu par erreur ce message, merci de le renvoyer à l'émetteur et de détruire toute copie.

P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer / Before printing, think about the environment.

Re: URI served from cache

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 07/07/2011 14:54, Langer Arnaud wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My question is simple : is it possible to disable the cache of Tomcat ?
> I think I've browsed the entire web about that without finding my answer.
> As I'm developping a website under Eclipse, I would like to see modifications as they are developped but here, when I change an image, for example, it's always given from the Tomcat's cache : I can see, in the Console of Tomcat, for each page I request, about 20 messages like this one :
> {date and hour} DEBUG [http-8080-1] lutece.cache - URI served from cache : /PSP/images/logo.png

What is 'lutece.cache'?  That's not a log message Tomcat would output.

> If I modifiy the logo.png, I can't see the new one in my browser, even if I stop and restart Tomcat, even if I disable my browser's cache...

Are you sure that the file is actually being updated?

If you're stopping and starting Tomcat then you are terminating the
cache (which is in-memory), so it will pick up the new version.

Assuming you're using Tomcat's cache and not a third party one.