Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/09/24 19:57:50 UTC

CVS help please...

Two CVS questions:

1) I have found one of the CVS problems is a password issue (I assume).

http://gump.cocoondev.org/cvs_bsf.html
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/bsf/update/update_bsf.html

both use the string:

   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@oss.software.ibm.com:/usr/cvs/bsf update -P -d -A bsf

... but only the traditional gump works. Pythong Gump gets:

cvs update: authorization failed: server oss.software.ibm.com rejected access to /usr/cvs/bsf for user anoncvs
cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

I see code in update.py to do some sort of modification to ~/.cvspass, is that the kosher approach to logging in? Can I get help with this part, or details on how to make this work?

2) We have a CVS directory, and we do an "update" to see what has changed, and I capture that to a log file for viewing. I'd like to start to detected "if anything changed" (if an update occured) for (1) optimization for folks who want it (2) statistics. Is my best bet to use -q and any output means something changed, or should I look for "^U " in the output, or ????? Suggestions please.

regards

Adam

Re: CVS help please...

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Adam Jack wrote:

>Two CVS questions:
>
>1) I have found one of the CVS problems is a password issue (I assume).
>
>http://gump.cocoondev.org/cvs_bsf.html
>http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/bsf/update/update_bsf.html
>
>both use the string:
>
>   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@oss.software.ibm.com:/usr/cvs/bsf update -P -d -A bsf
>
>... but only the traditional gump works. Pythong Gump gets:
>
>cvs update: authorization failed: server oss.software.ibm.com rejected access to /usr/cvs/bsf for user anoncvs
>cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

As a workaround for now,  login once by hand  and it will work