Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by David --- <da...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/03/04 23:05:00 UTC

SAX2XMLReader simple parsing problem. Newbie help needed

Hello,
I'm getting a strange error message parsing an xml
file with the SAX2XMLReader parser.
The error is just below, the beg of the xml file just
after. Can anybody help me please ?? By the way does
anybody know of an irc channel for xerces ???

thanks,
david

>SAXParser instantiated ok
>Trying to parse example.xml...

Error parsing xml file at, line 1, char 15
  Message: U

Error parsing xml file at, line 2, char 17
  Message: U

Error parsing xml file at, line 2, char 25
  Message: A

Error parsing xml file at, line 3, char 7
  Message: U

#######
Xmlfile

<PubmedArticle>
<MedlineCitation Status="Publisher">
    <PMID>14676294</PMID>
    <DateCreated>
        <Year>2003</Year>
        <Month>Dec</Month>
        <Day>16</Day>
    </DateCreated>
    <Article>
        <Journal>
            <ISSN>0022-1007</ISSN>
            <JournalIssue>
                <Volume>198</Volume>
                <Issue>12</Issue>
                <PubDate>
                    <Year>2003</Year>
                    <Month>Dec</Month>
                    <Day>15</Day>
                </PubDate>

Re: SAX2XMLReader simple parsing problem. Newbie help needed

Posted by David --- <da...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi alberto,
Here is the code....

/////
//The parser
/////
SaxParser::SaxParser()
{
    std::cout << "Trying to instantiate SAXParser" <<
std::endl;
    bool doNamespaces = false;
    bool doSchema = false;
    bool schemaFullChecking = false;
    bool namespacePrefixes = true;
    bool CoreValidation = true;
    SAX2XMLReader::ValSchemes valScheme =
SAX2XMLReader::Val_Never;
    c_parser = XMLReaderFactory::createXMLReader();

c_parser->setFeature(XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreValidation,CoreValidation);
    c_parser->setFeature(XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreNameSpaces,
doNamespaces);
    c_parser->setFeature(XMLUni::fgXercesSchema,
doSchema);

c_parser->setFeature(XMLUni::fgXercesSchemaFullChecking,
schemaFullChecking);

c_parser->setFeature(XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreNameSpacePrefixes,
namespacePrefixes);
    std::cout << "SAXParser instantiated ok" <<
std::endl;
}

////////
//Class error
/////////

    Error(const XMLCh* toTranscode)
	{
	    // Call the private transcoding method
	    char * errormessage =
XMLString::transcode(toTranscode);
	}

    /* ~Error() */
/* 	{ */
/* 	    XMLString::release(&errormessage); */
/* 	} */

     //
    //  Getter methods
    //

    const char* displayerror() const
	{
	    return errormessage;
	}

private :
    char* errormessage;
};

inline std::ostream& operator<<(XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER
ostream& target, const Error& Dump)
{
    target << Dump.displayerror();
    return target;