Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2014/03/03 20:59:25 UTC

Add ajax spinning gif to a zone.

Hello, I'm wondering how you can add an animated load .gif to my app
letting a user know an ajax request is underway? Example, when you do an
ajax file upload, is thee a way to show the animated gif until the file has
be loaded into the interface? I'm not sure if I can do this with zones nor
do I know how to fire or stop it. Any incite would be greatly appreciated.

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com

Re: Add ajax spinning gif to a zone.

Posted by Emmanuel DEMEY <de...@gmail.com>.
Or if you are using jquery, you can maybe have a look to the ajaxStop and
ajaxStart events.
Manu

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
I'm not sure it's exactly what you're after but here's an example of
polling an asynchronous task

http://tapestry-stitch.uklance.cloudbees.net/progresslinkdemo