Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Debasish Jana <de...@anshinsoft.com> on 2006/04/20 15:06:43 UTC

FOP0.91 - Page X of Y in footer

Hi:

How can I have "Page X of Y" appear in the footer of the generated PDF?

I used the following fo tags to do so:

                Page

                <fo:page-number />

                of

                <fo:page-number-citation  ref-id="theEnd" />

But, the rendered PDF shows :

Page 3 of

It does not show the total page no.

Am I missing any tag?

Pls help.

Regards,

Debasish Jana

Re: FOP0.91 - Page X of Y in footer

Posted by Guenter Bertels <gb...@innovationgate.de>.
Have you defined an element with the id "theEnd" like <fo:block id="end"/>?
It must be at the bottom of the xsl-region-body

--
regards
Günter Bertels

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss

Günter Bertels

Innovation Gate
IT Consulting & Softwaredesign GmbH
Halskestraße 19
40880 Ratingen
Tel.: 02102 - 77160213
Fax: 02102 - 771601
gb@innovationgate.de
www.innovationgate.de

Re: FOP0.91 - Page X of Y in footer

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
Don't forget to declare your last page citation.  For example:

                <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                        <xsl:apply-templates select="yourdataselecthere"/>
                        <!-- IMPORTANT: THIS MUST BE THE LAST THING!!!-->
                        <fo:block id="theEnd"></fo:block>
                        <!-- IMPORTANT: THIS MUST BE THE LAST THING!!!-->
                </fo:flow>

Also, check out the FAQ on this subject:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-total-pages

-Lou