Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/14 14:49:14 UTC

[Studio] ModRDN support ?

Hi !

I see we can rename an entry, or move it, but is it possible, using
Studio, to move and rename the entry in one operation ? And is it
possible also to enforce the deleteOldRdn flag ?

Thanks !

Re: [Studio] ModRDN support ?

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 09/14/2015 03:04 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I see we can rename an entry, or move it, but is it possible, using
>> Studio, to move and rename the entry in one operation ? And is it
>> possible also to enforce the deleteOldRdn flag ?
>>
> I think yes, I have seen a dialog(with all the above options) popping up
> when
> I attempted to copy and paste an entry under the same parent.

I think all the widgets are there, but there is no dialog where all
options (newrdn, newsuperior, deleteoldrdn) can be set. And deleteoldrdn
is enabled by default.

I think the reason for a separate move/rename action/dialog was to
comply with the default behaviour of Eclipse. But I think there is no
problem to merge them together.

As a workaround you can open an LDIF editor, add the LDIF, and execute it.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [Studio] ModRDN support ?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.