Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/17 15:09:05 UTC

Questions about Datastax support

Few questions:

1 - Has there been an announcement as to when Datastax will stop
      supporting 2.x version. I am aware that the community will stop
      supporting 2.x in Nov 2016. What about support to
      paid customers of Datastax. Will it go beyond Nov.
2 -  Are there any plans by Datastax to start supporting 3.x.
3 -  Is version 3.x recommended for production use.
4 -  What about compatibility of 3.x with the Datastax Development and
       monitoring tools. Like currently opcenter does not work with 3.x.

thanks

Re: Questions about Datastax support

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Maybe the question is what the fourth component of the release number
actually means. The key point is simply that they have included additional
fixes beyond the base Apache version - fixes that show up in future Apache
releases that hadn't been released as of when they tested their DSE release.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wrote:

> Few questions:
>
> 1 - Has there been an announcement as to when Datastax will stop
>       supporting 2.x version. I am aware that the community will stop
>       supporting 2.x in Nov 2016. What about support to
>       paid customers of Datastax. Will it go beyond Nov.
> 2 -  Are there any plans by Datastax to start supporting 3.x.
> 3 -  Is version 3.x recommended for production use.
> 4 -  What about compatibility of 3.x with the Datastax Development and
>        monitoring tools. Like currently opcenter does not work with 3.x.

My understanding is that OpsCenter is going to be available only to some
sort of Enterprise DataStax customers.
See
http://search-hadoop.com/m/qZFqM17sjgc1NvJX2&subj=Re+opscenter+doesn+t+work+with+cassandra+3+0
for alternative monitoring tools.