Posted to mod_tcl-dev@tcl.apache.org by Rainer Hötte <Ra...@gmx.de> on 2005/10/31 23:30:46 UTC

apache 1.3 & cgi

I found incompatibilities between cgi and mod-tcl and some stability
problems with mod_tcl (sometimes "core-dump"), so i decided (sorry) for
fcgi.
Also i found mod-tcl a little bit low level in comparison to cgi/fcgi.
Fcgi runs with a1.3 and a2, mod-tcl only with a2.

 From performance fcgi is fast and from usage simple.
Unfortunatly i could not manage to run fcgi out of the box, so i created
my own (very simple) tcl-fcgi shared lib. But that is simple (you need
to export only 1 or 2 calls) and you can keep the rest of your software
nearly identical.
I develop with cgi and then test/deploy with fcgi. Only problem with
fcgi is "set ::env(hello) world", which kills your fcgi.