Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Jim Allen <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/01 21:28:10 UTC

Problems running security examples

I followed the instructions on the security examples (50, etc.) but I keep
getting this exception  in the client:

stockquote:
     [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unable to engage module : rampart
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.engageModule(ServiceCli
ent.java:298)
     [java]     at samples.userguide.StockQuoteClient.main(Unknown Source)

I am using the rampart-1.1 module that came with my Synapse download. Does
anyone know how to resolve this?

Re: Problems running security examples

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Jim

I tried this with a fresh download of the 0.91 release on Linux, and it
worked fine. However, Rampart requires Xerces to be made available in
the Synapse lib directory, as well as the unlimited strength Java policy
files on your JDK lib/security directory (see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html). I will update the
document to reflect this explicitly.

Could you try this once more? Also, for the sample # 50, you do not need
to copy the rampart mar into your client repository, just the sample
Axis2 server. The error below seems like its looking for rampart at the
client

asankha