Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "Robert A. Decker" <de...@robdecker.com> on 2012/03/20 21:55:44 UTC

sling explorer not working for me

Hello,

I downloaded:
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist//sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad-6.war

And installed it in tomcat. It works fine, but I noticed that the sling explorer isn't present.

And so I downloaded and installed the bundle:
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist//sling/org.apache.sling.extensions.explorer-1.0.2.jar

The bundle starts up fine. However, when I navigate to:
http://server/sling/.explorer.html
The explorer page shows up, but with the message:
"Error output (error) Not Found The requested URL /.explorer.item.html was not found on the server"

So, I then build the explorer bundle from scratch and installed it and I still get the same error.

Does the explorer bundle require something else that is missing?

Should I just build all of sling from scratch as a war?

Rob

Re: sling explorer not working for me

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 20.03.2012 um 21:55 schrieb Robert A. Decker:

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded:
> http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist//sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad-6.war

> And installed it in tomcat. It works fine, but I noticed that the sling explorer isn't present.

Is there a particular reason for getting the web app and deploying into tomcat ?

Otherwise, it might be easier to get the standalone Sling and just run it with java -jar.

> And so I downloaded and installed the bundle:
> http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist//sling/org.apache.sling.extensions.explorer-1.0.2.jar
>
> The bundle starts up fine. However, when I navigate to:
> http://server/sling/.explorer.html
> The explorer page shows up, but with the message:
> "Error output (error) Not Found The requested URL /.explorer.item.html was not found on the server"

Hmm, this sounds like a bug with context path handling in the explorer code...

Can you deploy the sling web app in the root context and try again ?

Regards
Felix