Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by shane doucette <do...@cs.usask.ca> on 2006/03/03 17:00:41 UTC

migrating BACKWARDS: 1.3.0 to 1.1.4?

Hello!

I'm new to the list, so I apologize if this or a similar issue has
been dealt with.  I didn't see it in my searches of the archives.

I have a user who set up a Subversion server on their own machine,
off of our network, running 1.3.0.  He now wants to bring it onto our
existing Subversion server, which is running 1.1.4.

Is this possible, or are there too many differences in the versions
to make it feasible?  If it is possible, are there any issues for me
to watch out for?

Thanks for your assistance!

shane doucette.

Webmaster, Department of Computer Science
University of Saskatchewan

Re: migrating BACKWARDS: 1.3.0 to 1.1.4?

Posted by shane doucette <do...@cs.usask.ca>.
Hello all!

It looks as if the dumpfile formats are unchanged between 1.1.4 and
1.3.0.  Both begin with the following preamble:

	SVN-fs-dump-format-version: 2

and I had no issues 'downgrading'.

And I do intend to upgrade.  It's on the list for the summer.  :-)

Thanks for your assistance.

shane doucette.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.