Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu> on 2004/10/14 21:46:44 UTC

[users@httpd] How to make a login form [OT]

Yes people, this is probably the wrong list to ask, but I have no clue
what list to post it on otherwise...
I want to make a loginform on my site. I need a script that process the
userid and pwd towards .htaccess. As I am a total perl or php noob I am
looking for an examplescript. I know, I can google it, but all I find is
all those fancy commercial scripts, which include all sorts of admin
stuff that I dont need/want. All I want it that somebody can enter his
credentials and, if correct, have them enter a .htaccess protected dir.
Any hints?
Sorry for the offtopic posting

-Patrick

Re: [users@httpd] How to make a login form [OT]

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.
Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:08:50 +0200, Patrick Donker
> <li...@webpagina.nu> wrote:
>
>>>And, in fact, it is impossible to use a web form to get credentials
>>>for basic auth.  If you want to use a web form, you'll need to role
>>>your own auth and sessions using, for example, cookies.
>

>>Yes I know that a login prompt is generated automatically, but I want to
>>  do it from within my root index.html
>

> As I said, this is impossible with HTTP basic auth.
>
> Joshua.

And using mod_auth_digest?

Re: [users@httpd] How to make a login form [OT]

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.