Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Tomas Fernandez Lobbe <to...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2012/06/01 15:30:50 UTC

Tika Server

Hi everyone, I’m trying to use tika as a server but I have some
questions (note: I’m completely new to Tika).
I can see that the wiki says that this will be available
since Tika v 1.2 (current trunk), but I do see a “tika-server” module in TIka
1.1 tag (and 1.0). However, following the instructions of the wiki to run as a
server worked for me in trunk but not in tag 1.1 (couldn’t compile it). Is it
available in 1.1 or only trunk as the wiki says? And if so, what’s the “tika-server”
module of 1.1/1.0?

I also saw that tika-app accepts the arguments “-s” and “—server”
to run as a server. What’s the difference between that and the “tika-server”
module?

Thanks!

Tomás