Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ARays <ar...@kenfuse.com> on 2009/08/11 19:47:11 UTC

Order Manager - Audit trail

Hi All,

I have a requirement to show details of changes made to a submitted orders.
Essentially audit trail of which user modified what, field by field. This
would need to include change made to line items besides of course shipping
details etc. In short all details linked to orderid.

Going through the Nabble archives found the thread below.

http://www.nabble.com/audit-trail-to9675210.html#a9675210

Q1: Was this implemented? While I am looking, thought would be useful if
anyone can throw some pointers.

Q2: There would be an upstream system where the initial orders are posted.
Till fulfillment orders would be tracked in ofbiz and sent back to the up
stream system for invoicing and financials. Any suggested design approaches
to achieve this? I am thinking of a cron job to dump the order data from up
stream system using some standard EDI format and update Ofbiz order tables.
Once fulfilled do the same other way around. That still leaves the situation
where changes are made on both systems which may conflict.

Thanks in advance
- Aray

Re: Order Manager - Audit trail

Posted by ARays <ar...@kenfuse.com>.
Hi Vikas,

I checked out the issue
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=778406 that you referred.
Does most of what I was looking for and should be able to extend. Now looks
like this is available only in the trunk while I started with 9.04 as the
stable branch? So, I know this is going to be situational, but since I
haven't progressed much is it better to move to trunk or move the relevant
changes to 9.04. For my requirement, I just need order management and
anything essential to make it work.

Also I see a feature to show  "Item Unit Price History" but changes made to
unit price through order item edit does not seem to take effect. Is that a
bug? If it is then I would be happy to work on it and hope to pick some
ofbiz understanding.

Thanks in advance
Aray

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Look at the specialpurpose/oagis component to see how information is
shared/sync using B2B integration.

Vikas

Posted by ARays <ar...@kenfuse.com>.

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This can be achieved using enable-audit-log feature - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=652226

Example Implementation can be found at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=778406

Posted by ARays <ar...@kenfuse.com>.
Thanks.. Yes, realize there is lot of catching up to do on the framework
before all of these make sense. Nevertheless these are very valuable inputs.
Atleast now I know what to look out for and which way to head ;-)

- Aray