Posted to users@maven.apache.org by johne <je...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/16 17:29:46 UTC

Mavenide and NetBeans 6 RC1

Mavenide is failing for me on Netbeans 6.0 RC1.  I am using a piece of
AppFuse (warpath plugin) that has a dependency requirement of Maven 2.0.6,
but Mavenide in NB 6.0 RC1 is currently giving a failure for dependencies of
Maven 2.0.6 and over.

As a result, I am having to set the additional Maven options and run an
external Maven 2.0.7 compiler to have the build work.   This does compile my
many projects together, but unlike with how the warpath plugin worked
previously in NB 5.5, it fails to find my compilation paths for one of my
WAR compiles.   Also I believe having it being external, NB loses some
abilities to understand what is going on.

I am obviously very limited in my knowledge of all of this.

I am wondering what the state is for Mavenide and NB6.  Is there something
in the works to have it working with NB6?  Is there something I can download
to make some of this work better?

My project is very complicated and I would not get it working in Eclipse, so
I am hoping.  If there is anything I can do, let me know.

- john

Re: Mavenide and NetBeans 6 RC1

Posted by johne <je...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the very useful response.   It is amazing the dependency I have
formed on that NetBeans and that embedder.  I am hoping some of the changes
auto-update once NB 6.0 goes live.  My project http://www.jobbank.com has
multiple three levels of wars that compile into each other amidst other jar
files in order to support international versions of the site.

Re: Mavenide and NetBeans 6 RC1

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
check the faq (http://mevenide.codehaus.org/m2-site/faq.html) for answer.
Unfurtunately for 6.0 fcs, we're stuck with the current embedder version.
I'll be upgrading to latest 2.1-SNAPSHOT embedder binaries soon for trunk,
then you will be able to get the bits from
http://deadlock.netbeans.org/hudson/job/mevenide/ and install in 6.0. Of
course these can have other unexpected sideeffects.

The RC2 update center will feature a new version of maven support on Update
Center, which has a bug with wrong compile error parsing on command-line
invokation fixed, but the embedded version stays the same.

Regards

Milos Kleint