Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Wally Dennis <Wa...@hewitt.com> on 2008/03/31 19:16:24 UTC

Logging exact value used to construct digest values and signature

I have a need to be able to log the exact (post-canonicalization) value
that is used to create both the digest values and the digital signature in
my outbound SOAP envelopes.  Also, we need to be able to log these same
values when we are validating inbound SOAP requests.  This has proven
invaluable in the past for debugging issues (ie - digest mismatch, etc)
with our users calling our services and I have not been able to figure out
how to do this using Axis2/Rampart.  I do see in the xml-sec library where
the JSR 105 API contains rudimentary logging regarding this, but the code
that WSS4J/Rampart calls does not.  Is there something that I am missing
here?

Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.