Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2021/01/07 16:02:41 UTC

[Rust][DataFusion] Target SQL Dialect Proposal

There was discussion recently on a Rust PR about choosing to implement a
consistent SQL dialect.

Here is a proposal to document Postgres as that target dialect as well as
some brief rationale. I wanted to draw attention to this proposal to
solicit opinions and any feedback the community has.

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/9127

Thank you for your time,
Andrew

Re: [Rust][DataFusion] Target SQL Dialect Proposal

Posted by Daniƫl Heres <da...@gmail.com>.
For additional context: the parser historically has been forked from the
same SQL parser that is maintained here:

https://github.com/ballista-compute/sqlparser-rs

The current Materialize parser code is here:

https://github.com/MaterializeInc/materialize/tree/main/src/sql-parser

As it is a fork, some of the changes could be backported to sqlparser-rs,
although there have been quite some changes to the code base.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.