Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/01 12:11:51 UTC

Re: How to checkout taged version of the code

Thanks Ian for the answer. Yes, I was refering to developer connection
element.
I have one other question.

I would like to tag before a build, then pull the tag, and build it.
We want to the tag with project name plus timestamp for daily/test
builds so is it possible to specify this new tag in the pom dynamically
using some properties. If we define something like
<tag>${buildtag}</tag> this, maven can resolve this property, if it is set
while running mvn but how to pass value for this property for continuum. In
continuum, uses the scm url defined in the configuration. I will also post
this question on continuum mailing list.

Thanks
Gautham Pamu

On 3/31/06, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com <ia...@jpmchase.com> wrote:

> Hi Gautham,
>
> By URL I assume you are referring to the [developer]connection element?
> The purpose of this element is tell Maven (or Continuum in your case) how
> to connect to your SCM repository.  Information related to operations
> performed on the repository, including release tags, is out of scope for
> that element.  That's what the tag element is for.
>
> So, if your CVS repository resides on cvs.example.com, under
> /usr/share/cvs, your SCM configuration for the release tag BRANCH_3_1_1
> might look something like this:
>
> <scm>
>
> <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:anoncvs:@cvs.example.com
> :/usr/share/cvs:myproj</connection>
>
> <developerConnection>scm:cvs:ext:username@cvs.example.com
> :/usr/share/cvs:myproj</connection>
>       <tag>BRANCH_3_1_1</tag>
> </scm>
>
> Documentation on the CVS connection format is available at
> http://maven.apache.org/scm/cvs.html
>

> HTH,
> Ian
>
> It's better to be hated for who you are
> than loved for who you are not
>
> Ian D. Stewart
> Appl Dev Analyst-Advisory, DCS Automation
> JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure
> Phone: (614) 244-2564
> Pager: (888) 260-0078
>

>                       "Gautham Pamu"
>                       <gautham.pamu@gma        To:       "Maven Users
> List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
>                       il.com>                  cc:
>                                                Subject:  Re: How to
> checkout taged version of the code
>                       03/31/2006 03:57
>                       AM
>                       Please respond to
>                       "Maven Users
>                       List"
>

> Hi Ian,
>
> We are using cvs as our scm. Can you send me how to specify the tag name
> in
> the URL ?
>
> Thanks
> Gautham Pamu
>
> On 3/30/06, ian.d.stewart@jpmchase.com <ia...@jpmchase.com> wrote:
> >
> > You can specify the tag in the <scm> portion of pom.xml:
> >
> > <scm>
> >       <connection/>
> >       <developerConnection/>
> >       <url/>
> >       <tag/>
> > </scm>
> >
> > See
> >

> http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_scm
> >
> > HTH,
> > Ian
> >
> > It's better to be hated for who you are
> > than loved for who you are not
> >
> > Ian D. Stewart
> > Appl Dev Analyst-Advisory, DCS Automation
> > JPMorganChase Global Technology Infrastructure
> > Phone: (614) 244-2564
> > Pager: (888) 260-0078
> >

> >                       "Gautham Pamu"
> >                       <gautham.pamu@gma        To:
> [...]