Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/11 04:55:01 UTC

Regarding JIRA Cassandra-14227

Hi Team

We are not able to insert data with large TTLs (expiration time beyond
2038-01-19T03:14:06+00:00).

Even though https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14092 prevented a
workaround to avoid data loss, the permanent fix is still pending. I can
see that the JIRA: https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14227 which
was open for permanent fix is still in unassigned state. I think it’s a
high priority issue as the timestamp limit is continuously reducing as we
approach 2038.

Are there any plans to prioritize this JIRA ticket :
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14227

Regards

Manish

Re: Regarding JIRA Cassandra-14227

Posted by manish khandelwal <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Michael for updating the severity and complexity of this JIRA
ticket.
With time ticking lots of use cases might start failing, unable to meet TTL
criteria for them.

Regards
Manish

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.