Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ikarpov <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 15:59:21 UTC

Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml file

Hello.

We have three production OFBiz severs in a load-balanced configuration. The
configuration has worked well for a while, serving record-high volumes, with
very few problems. Suddenly, the servers started failing, and the logs
filled up with the following exception:

JobInvoker.java:267:ERROR] Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml
file [java.lang.NumberFormatException: null]. Using defaults.

It happens on all the servers, though not at the same time.

The error seems to indicate that JobInvoker.java encounters a number format
problem when getTTL tries to read the ttl value from the <thread-pool/>
tag, but I checked the production file, and it looks ok. In addition, when
you restart the servers it works, so the file does not seem to be the issue
here.

Please provide any guidance you can, for we do expect even  higher volumes,
with the holidays coming up.

Regards, and thanks to all in advance.

Igor Karpov

PS I have searched this forum, and have not been able to find this issue
addressed

Re: Problems reading values from serviceengine.xml file

Posted by ikarpov <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Jacques.

The https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-2041 entry looks very
similar to the issue we are having, so I will try some of Srinivas's
recommendations (particularly changing the MySQL settings), and watch this
issue for other solutions.

As far as the ofbiz revision we are running, could it be 555384? I inherited
this installation, so I am guessing, based on the two urls I see in our SVN:
http://svn2.mypublisher.com/repos/mypub/ofbiz/vendor/ofbiz/release4.0_550295
and
http://svn2.mypublisher.com/repos/mypub/ofbiz/vendor/ofbiz/release4.0_555384

Thanks a lot for your help,