Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Gianmaria Clerici <gc...@bridgestream.com> on 2006/11/30 20:10:19 UTC

apache DS 1.0.0 and JSK 1.4 or 1.5

Quick question.

I should be able to build 1.0.0 with either 1.4 or 1.5

And I should also be able to run it with either 1.4 or 1.5

Is that correct ?

I am having problem when building with 1.4. it builds ok but I can't run
it.

It seems that I can only get it to work when I build and run with 1.5.

Thanks

Re: apache DS 1.0.0 and JSK 1.4 or 1.5

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Gianmaria Clerici a écrit :

>Quick question.
>

>I should be able to build 1.0.0 with either 1.4 or 1.5
>
>And I should also be able to run it with either 1.4 or 1.5
>

>Is that correct ?

Nope. You need java 5 to compile ADS 1.0.0, because it depends on MINA
and MINA needs to be compiled with Java 5 in order to have SSL working.
However, the generated code is jdk 1.4 compatible.

>I am having problem when building with 1.4. it builds ok but I can't run
>it.
>

>It seems that I can only get it to work when I build and run with 1.5.

You should be able to build it with 1.5 and make it work with 1.4.

If this is not the case, please open a JIRA with teh exact steps you
used and the exact configuration you are using.

Thanks !

Emmanuel