Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by sic <si...@naver.com> on 2010/07/25 18:25:27 UTC

possible to call external webservice

I'm not familiar with cxf yet so hope to understand my poor question.

Cxf is commonly used for providing webservice.

If so, is it possible to call the external webservice when cxf provider is
requested from a client then returns to the client?
(client -> cxf engine -> external web apps)

Surely, it might be done with ESB(e.g. servicemix). but without them, can do
it with cxf interceptor or webservice implementation code, camel when you
think about it.

I wanna eventually do call the serveral external web apps using cxf itself.

I appreciate any advice for my concept.

regards,

sic

Re: possible to call external webservice

Posted by Hannes Holtzhausen <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It would be possible to make use of the ClientProxyFactoryBean or JaxWsProxyFactoryBean
from within a service implementation to call another service.

It would also be possible to make use of a client generated with wsdl2java from within your
service implementation.

Hope this helps
Hannes

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
You can call the CXF client API from a service.