Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by carlos beltran <cb...@aitek.it> on 2001/04/02 16:59:18 UTC

Login time out

Hello All,

I have been (without success) trying to enlarge the time a user is
logged in Jetspeed without beeing automatically fired out. This happens
if the user is doing nothing for a while. I am sure that it is
configuration parameter somewhere...but i was not able to find which one
it is!!!!!!.... surelly it is Turbine staff... isn't it?

Carlos.

Re: Login time out

Posted by carlos beltran <cb...@aitek.it>.

Santiago Gala wrote:

> It is the session timeout. I don't know from my head if it is set in
> turbine or jetspeed. Default for tomcat is, I think 30m. Search in the
> turbine or jetspeed list archives for this.
>
> Beware that, as traffic increases, the number of stale sessions will
> grow a lot, consuming memory from your container.

No problem!, we don't expect high volume of users.
My feeling is that the session timeout is lower than 30 minutes.... anyway,
flying to have a detailed look into the list archives! :-).

Carlos

Re: Login time out

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.