Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/01 23:49:52 UTC

[m2] archetype error with variables

I have the following resource declaration in my archetype pom.xml:

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>

When the archetype is created, I want to have the same declaration as above,
but what I get is:

    <resources>
      <resource>
        <filtering>true</filtering>
        <directory>C:\opt\meez\tools\archetypes\war-archetype
/src/main/resources</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>

How can I have ${basedir} not removed?

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [m2] archetype error with variables

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.

> On Dec 1, 2007 3:49 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have the following resource declaration in my archetype pom.xml:
> >
> >         <resources>
> >             <resource>
> >                 <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
> >                 <filtering>true</filtering>
> >             </resource>
> >         </resources>
> >
> > When the archetype is created, I want to have the same declaration as
> above,
>
> See the comments on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-39
>
> I'm not sure if the escape tool was ever added, but it seems to be
> possible to escape the expression if you put \ in the right place(s).

you could also use:

#literal()
... whatever you want here ...
#end