Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/02/05 09:57:44 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 release

Hi all,

I submit Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 to your vote. This is a
maintenance release on the 4.2.x series, bringing some improvements and
bug fixes.
NB: Once this release vote passed, I will create the karaf-4.2.x branch
and master will become 4.3.x. Obviously karaf-4.2.x will be an active
branch and I already plan to prepare 4.2.4 release.

Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12344587

Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1125/

Git Tag:
karaf-4.2.3

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 release

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Good idea. We should align up, not down.

+1 then

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

this javax.annotation-api 1.3 upgrade is related to CXF request.

Camel and CXF uses 1.3.

So, anyway, we will have the issue whatever the version we take.

I would rather stay with 1.3 in Karaf 4.2.3, and update in pax* for 4.2.3.

Though ?

Regards
JB

On 05/02/2019 15:05, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:
> Hello
>
> I generated
> http://people.apache.org/~ggrzybek/apache-karaf-4.2.3-bundle-report.xml
> (see it in browser that supports XSLT transformation) report from
> karaf-4.2.3 tag.
>
> Everything is almost fine. Except a change related to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6128 which upgrades to
> javax.annotation-api 1.3.
> The update itself is harmless, but because pax-web, pax-cdi and hibernate
> features use this bundle at version 1.2, I suspect there may be problems
> related to "double OSGi resolution chain".
>
> I'd personally revert upgrade of such important API.
>
> regards
> Grzegorz Grzybek
>
> wt., 5 lut 2019 o 14:11 Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>
> napisał(a):
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Thanks JB!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> François Papon
>> fpapon@apache.org
>>
>> Le 05/02/2019 à 13:57, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 to your vote. This is a
>>> maintenance release on the 4.2.x series, bringing some improvements and
>>> bug fixes.
>>> NB: Once this release vote passed, I will create the karaf-4.2.x branch
>>> and master will become 4.3.x. Obviously karaf-4.2.x will be an active
>>> branch and I already plan to prepare 4.2.4 release.
>>>
>>> Release Notes:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12344587
>>>
>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1125/
>>>
>>> Git Tag:
>>> karaf-4.2.3
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)
Thanks JB!
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: ancosen1985@yahoo.comTwitter: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Due to the issue on Pax JDBC, I'm canceling this vote.

I'm reintroducing pax-jdbc-derby in Pax JDBC and find another way to
avoid dual DataSourceFactory registration.
Then, I will release Pax JDBC 1.3.4 and update in Karaf.

A new Karaf 4.2.3 vote will start tonight or tomorrow early morning.

Sorry about that.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

Good catch.

If you agree, I propose to:

1. Cancel Karaf 4.2.3 release
2. Fix in Pax JDBC and cut Pax JDBC 1.3.4 release
3. Upgrade in Karaf
4. Submit new Karaf 4.2.3 release to vote tonight

Thought ?

Regards
JB

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I found the reason.

gr.grzybek@gmail.com>:

> Indeed ;)
>
> karaf@root()> bundle:services -p 45
> karaf@root()> feature:install jdbc
> karaf@root()> bundle:services -p 45
>
> Apache Derby 10.14 (45) provides:
> ---------------------------------
> objectClass = [org.osgi.service.jdbc.DataSourceFactory]
> osgi.jdbc.driver.class = org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver
> osgi.jdbc.driver.name = derby
> osgi.jdbc.driver.version = 10.14.2000000.1828579
> service.bundleid = 45
> service.id = 88
> service.scope = singleton
>
> regards
> Grzegorz Grzybek
>
> wt., 5 lut 2019 o 15:34 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> napisał(a):
>
> > Hi Christian,
> >
> > you have to install the jdbc feature, it will work.
> >
> > That has been found yesterday evening, already created the Jira at Pax
> > JDBC. I have to check why Karaf jdbc feature makes the derby
> > DataSourceFactory available.
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > On 05/02/2019 15:28, Christian Schneider wrote:
> > > I just tried the derby data source:
> > >
> > > feature:install pax-jdbc-derby pax-jdbc-config pax-jdbc-pool-dbcp2
> > > service:list DataSourceFactory
> > >
> > > I see no services of this type. So it seems the derby bundle does not
> > offer
> > > a DataSourceFactory.
> > >
> > > Christian

> and
> branch

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12344587

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1125/

> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > jbonofre@apache.org
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist
http://www.adobe.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 release

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Indeed ;)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, https://ops4j1.jira.com/browse/PAXJDBC-135 removed a need for
dedicated pax-jdbc-derby. But I can't see (`bundle:services -p derby`) if
mvn:org.apache.derby/derby/10.14.2.0 provides any service - it doesn't.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

wt., 5 lut 2019 o 15:28 Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

jb@nanthrax.net>:

> Hi all,
>
> I submit Apache Karaf (runtime) 4.2.3 to your vote. This is a
> maintenance release on the 4.2.x series, bringing some improvements and
> bug fixes.
> NB: Once this release vote passed, I will create the karaf-4.2.x branch
> and master will become 4.3.x. Obviously karaf-4.2.x will be an active
> branch and I already plan to prepare 4.2.4 release.
>
> Release Notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12344587
>
> Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1125/