Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2007/11/27 13:52:41 UTC

Re[2]: Jakarta POI with jre 1.3

We build POI with the "-source 1.3" option so the binaries are
compatible with JDK 1.3. The point is that some of POI projects like HSLF use JDK 1.4+
features (Java2D, regexp, etc.). That is why we use JDK 1.4 to build.
Excel generation doesn't depend on JDK 1.4 and should work fine in JDK
1.3

Anyway, if you encounter any issues with the latest POI 3.0.1, try POI
2.5.1. I'm sure it is 100% compatible with JDK 1.3.

Yegor