Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/21 05:11:44 UTC

Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address

Dear All,

  I've tested my applications using http://localhost:8080/login.html in the same computer and it works. However, when I tried to acces my applications using an IP Address in another computer by typing http://ipaddress/login.html, "The page cannot be found" is displayed. How can I access my applications using IP address? Please help me. Thank you.

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

---------------------------------
Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection
in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address

Posted by Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com>.
I already solve the problem. I fixed the program and it works! Thank you so much for the replies.

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yes, I can access the login.html interface from a different computer using http://IPaddress:8080/login.html but when I tried to access a file, I got the mentioned problem displayed in the text area. However, I can access a file if I'm using http://localhost:8080/login.html. I'm testing using Windows XP. What should I do? Thank you.

TEH

Omar Eljumaily wrote:
I don't understand. Are you able to access login.html from outside your
server machine?

The socketpermerission problem you have sounds like a firewall issue or
a administrator privileges problem not allowing you to accept incoming
sockets. Are you running with administrator privs on XP?

XP and Linux deal with firewalls and permissions differently. Linux is
a bit more straight forward in my opinion. You just accept queries on
8080 and then redirect port 80 if you want to resolve static pages.
SELinux can be an issue, but is usually simple to solve by tweaking a
setting.

Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
> Thank you. It's working now, the application can be accessed but when I type a file name to access a file in the server, I got an error "java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.net.SocketPermission localhost:8080 connect, resolve)". How can I solve this problem? For your information, I'm now using Windows XP Operating System but I plan to use Linux Fedora Operaing System later. Is there a difference in accessing the application using different operating system? Thank you.
>
> Yours Sincerely,
> TEH
>
> David Smith wrote:
> Include the port number in your request -- ie
> http://ipaddress:8080/login.html
>
> --David
>
> Teh Noranis Mohd Aris wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I've tested my applications using http://localhost:8080/login.html in the same computer and it works. However, when I tried to acces my applications using an IP Address in another computer by typing http://ipaddress/login.html, "The page cannot be found" is displayed. How can I access my applications using IP address? Please help me. Thank you.
>>
>> Yours Sincerely,
>> TEH
>>

>> ---------------------------------
>> Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection
>> in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Re: Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address

Posted by Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Omar Eljumaily <om...@omnicode.com>.

Posted by Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com>.

---------------------------------

Re: Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Omar Eljumaily <om...@omnicode.com>.
First of all, you need to access it via http://ipaddress:8080/login.html

If you want port 80, you need to set up the appropriate connector or
redirect port 8080 to port 80.

Also, you may have a firewall issue.  Which OS are you using?

Manage Client Certificates

Posted by Samuel Scheidegger <sa...@jprojects.ch>.
I configured my tomcat to work with SSL an client-certification. Together
with a JDBC Realm the user is "looked up" in the database and everything
works fine.
My question now is how can I manage it on my own if there is more than one
client certificate? Is there something like an interceptor?
The idea is, that there are two users with a certificate. One is something
like an admin and the other "normal" user will grant him to access his data
with his certificate.
How can I access a certificate in a programmatic way but still use the
realm?

Thank you for your help

Re: Cannot Access Tomcat Server Using IP Address

Posted by domenico di leo <do...@gmail.com>.
When you try to acces to your web application form another PC, you
need the ip address of server where your application is runnign but
also the tcp port(in your case is 8080).
the coorect web address is:

On 21/05/07, Teh Noranis Mohd Aris <te...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>   I've tested my applications using http://localhost:8080/login.html in the same computer and it works. However, when I tried to acces my applications using an IP Address in another computer by typing http://ipaddress/login.html, "The page cannot be found" is displayed. How can I access my applications using IP address? Please help me. Thank you.
Greeting