Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "samar.opensource" <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/19 15:49:55 UTC

Hbase in embedded mode

Hi Guys,
     Can we use HBase in a embedded more. So whole HBase should start in
the same JVM and there should no RPC calls. Something like our embedded
java dbs.

Do we have some like this or something close to this.
Regards,
Samar

Re: Hbase in embedded mode

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Right now we do not have what you suggest.

Eric has created an issue for this:

I think it makes a lot of sense, especially enabling HRegion as a library
to work on top of shared hdfs and building a simple layer to embed the
client side, etc.

The closes thing right now, is MiniHBaseCluster, but that requires an
in-memory zookeeper, master, regionserver, etc and still uses rpc's.

Enis

Re: Hbase in embedded mode

Posted by samar kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted