Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <ca...@cloudera.com> on 2010/02/09 07:08:40 UTC

Re: error

Hi Sarita,

The command you quoted looks good and should work. I just tried checking out
the source using the same command and had no problems, so it's possible that
there was some kind of temporary issue with the Apache subversion server.

Another option you may want to consider is using git instead of svn. The ASF
operates
git mirrors for many of the ASF projects including Hive. You can checkout a
copy
of the Hive source from the git mirror using the following command:

% git clone git://git.apache.org/hive.git hive

If you get connection errors with this command you can try accessing the
github mirror instead:

% git clone git://github.com/apache/hive.git hive

Hope this helps.

Carl