Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Au...@infosoftware.com.br on 2003/07/16 16:33:20 UTC

Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Hi everyone

I have an application that was working fine 'til yesterday.
As you probably figured out, yes, I am new with Struts :-)

After some modifications (mess?), I started getting:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under key
org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

My ApplicationResources.properties is inside /WEB-INF/classes
In my web.xml, I have:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
    </init-param>
(... etc...)

I tried googling (and searching list archive, which is down), but all the
solutions point to misplacement of the properties file, and that is not my
case.

What am I doing wrong?

I am using Struts 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.24.

===================================
 Augusto Cesar Guagliano
 augusto@infosoftware.com.br
 Project Manager
 +55 19 3253.3440
 Infosoftware Consulting
 http://www.infosoftware.com.br
===================================

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas
ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta
mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente,
respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message
or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Posted by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de>.
Hello Augusto,

do you have

        <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"/>

in your struts-config.xml?

AGicb> Hi everyone

AGicb> I have an application that was working fine 'til yesterday.
AGicb> As you probably figured out, yes, I am new with Struts :-)

AGicb> After some modifications (mess?), I started getting:
AGicb> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under key
AGicb> org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

AGicb> My ApplicationResources.properties is inside /WEB-INF/classes
AGicb> In my web.xml, I have:

AGicb>   <servlet>
AGicb>     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
AGicb>     <servlet-class>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet</servlet-class>
AGicb>     <init-param>
AGicb>       <param-name>application</param-name>
AGicb>       <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
AGicb>     </init-param>
AGicb> (... etc...)

AGicb> I tried googling (and searching list archive, which is down), but all the
AGicb> solutions point to misplacement of the properties file, and that is not my
AGicb> case.

AGicb> What am I doing wrong?

AGicb> I am using Struts 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.24.

AGicb> ===================================
AGicb>  Augusto Cesar Guagliano
AGicb>  augusto@infosoftware.com.br
AGicb>  Project Manager
AGicb>  +55 19 3253.3440
AGicb>  Infosoftware Consulting
AGicb>  http://www.infosoftware.com.br
AGicb> ===================================

AGicb> Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
AGicb> você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
AGicb> mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas
AGicb> ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta
AGicb> mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente,
AGicb> respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação.

AGicb> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
AGicb> you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
AGicb> you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message
AGicb> or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
AGicb> please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
AGicb> message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Dirk

| Dirk Markert                     dirk.markert@dr-markert.de |
| Dr. Markert Softwaretechnik AG                              |
| Joseph-von-Fraunhofer-Str. 20                               |
| 44227 Dortmund                                              |