Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/02 18:44:59 UTC

Build assembly, sign w/ GPG, upload to Apache in one go?

I'm getting ready to make an initial release of Tapestry 5.

I'm having trouble finding the right incantation for building my
assemblies, signing them with GPG, and uploading them for distribution
to Apache.  is there a good example for this?

So far, I have:

                <plugin>
                    <configuration>
                        <descriptorRefs>
                            <descriptorRef>bin</descriptorRef>
                            <descriptorRef>src</descriptorRef>
                        </descriptorRefs>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

But I haven't been able to get this to happen automatically as part of
the install or deploy goal (I'm rethinking if I even want that,
because the assemblies are only needed as part of a non-snapshot
release anyway).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: Build assembly, sign w/ GPG, upload to Apache in one go?

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
you need

                 <plugin>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>package</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>assembly</goal>
                </goals>
                     <configuration>
                         <descriptorRefs>
                             <descriptorRef>bin</descriptorRef>
                             <descriptorRef>src</descriptorRef>
                         </descriptorRefs>
                     </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>
                 </plugin>

for the other things take a look at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/pom/trunk/maven/pom.xml

On 2/2/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting ready to make an initial release of Tapestry 5.
>
> I'm having trouble finding the right incantation for building my
> assemblies, signing them with GPG, and uploading them for distribution
> to Apache.  is there a good example for this?
>
> So far, I have:
>
>                 <plugin>
>                     <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                     <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>                     <configuration>
>                         <descriptorRefs>
>                             <descriptorRef>bin</descriptorRef>
>                             <descriptorRef>src</descriptorRef>
>                         </descriptorRefs>
>                     </configuration>
>                 </plugin>
>
> But I haven't been able to get this to happen automatically as part of
> the install or deploy goal (I'm rethinking if I even want that,
> because the assemblies are only needed as part of a non-snapshot
> release anyway).
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.