Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de> on 2004/10/07 11:46:31 UTC

One step forward: ws-jaxme requires new jar file

Hi,

thanks to all who helped, the addition of src/jaxme as a working directory
did indeed solve the ClassNotFoundException. We have now another problem,
which relates to the use of a new jar file (beaver.jar), see the attached
message for details.

Beaver is a Java parser generator subject to the BSD license. In other
words, it would most probably be possible to add a Beaver project to Gump.
Is this the suggested way to go? If so, can anyone point me to an existing
project descriptor file, which could serve as a start? Otherwise, how do I
add the dependency to the existing project descriptor?

Regards,

Jochen

Re: jaxme on gump (cont)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

> It is more Gump-like to move forward, but it is your choice.
>
> Tell you what, if you point me to a 0.9.2 I can install that for today.

Ok, have upgraded to 0.9.3.4.

Jochen

--
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1

Re: jaxme on gump (cont)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> > No beaver.Make. Do we have a Beaver version issue?
>
> Seems so. JaxMe is currently using 0.9.2. We can upgrade the JaxMe
> version (probably tomorrow) or downgrade the gump version. Which way to
go?

It is more Gump-like to move forward, but it is your choice.

Tell you what, if you point me to a 0.9.2 I can install that for today.

regards,

Adam

Re: jaxme on gump (cont)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.

jaxme on gump (cont)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> > I would suggest we just add the package, then. jaxme is holding up 134
> > projects, let's not add anymore potentially shaky dependencies for now.
>
> May I ask a silly question: How come the number 134? I can hardly
> imagine, that more than two or three of them are actually using JaxMe
> right now?

Stefano was quoting from here (dependees):

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/project_todos.html

Sure, dom4j is the only direct dependency on jaxme, but upon that are
plenty...

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/dom4j/dom4j/details.html

... and on it goes.  So, JaxMe is a popular beastie. :-)

----

Now, to the build...

JM.compile:
    [javac] Compiling 193 source files to
/usr/local/gump/test/workspace/ws-jaxme/build/jm/classes
    [javac]
/usr/local/gump/test/workspace/ws-jaxme/src/jaxme/org/apache/ws/jaxme/spg/im
pl/BeaverSPG.java:21: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Make
    [javac] location: package beaver
    [javac] import beaver.Make;
    [javac]               ^
    [javac]
/usr/local/gump/test/workspace/ws-jaxme/src/jaxme/org/apache/ws/jaxme/spg/im
pl/BeaverSPG.java:54: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : variable Make
    [javac] location: class org.apache.ws.jaxme.spg.impl.BeaverSPG
    [javac] 		Make.main(new String[]{getGrammarFile().getAbsolutePath()});
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac] 2 errors

I did an unzip -t beaver*.jar | grep Make (or on beaver.jar and
beaver-rt.jar separately) and found only:

gump@brutus:/usr/local/gump/packages/beaver-0.9.3.4/lib$ unzip -t beaver.jar
| grep Make
    testing: beaver/comp/Action$Reduce$Maker.class   OK
    testing: beaver/comp/run/Make.class   OK

Re: One step forward: ws-jaxme requires new jar file

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> xml-commons?

Sorry, of course I meant xml-commons or jakarta-commons.

Jochen

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>
wrote:

> I have just checked. Dom4j is dependent on jaxmeapi.jar. Most
> probably it depends only on the Java 5 XML classes like
> XMLConstants, QName, or NamespaceContext. We have long ago
> suggested, that these be moved to a separate jar file in xml-general
> or jakarta-general. :-(

xml-commons?

Stefan

Re: One step forward: ws-jaxme requires new jar file

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@freenet.de>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.