Posted to user@flink.apache.org by anugrah nayar <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 12:34:28 UTC

Stand alone blob server

Hey,
I was reading through the flink documentation and found that there were
some plans around stand alone blob server. I found the details here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-19%3A+Improved+BLOB+storage+architecture.
Just wanted to know whether this was done.
regards,
Anugrah

Re: Stand alone blob server

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Anugrah,
you can track the progress at the accompanying jira issue:

Currently, roughly half of the tasks are done with a few remaining in PR
review stage. Note that the actual implementation differs a bit from what was
proposed in FLIP 19 though where we planned to make the BlobServer use more
generic than what is actually needed at this stage.

Nico

Re: Stand alone blob server

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.