Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net> on 2003/07/13 09:13:53 UTC

xdoclet plugin : Jboss

I've been using the xdoclet plugin and have put the following into the
maven directories

repository/xdoclet/jars/
    xdoclet-1.2b4.jar
    xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b4.jar
    xdoclet-jboss-module-1.2b4.jar
    xdoclet-jmx-module-1.2b4.jar
    xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2b4.jar
    xdoclet-xjavadoc-1.0.jar
plugins/
    maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2b4.jar
    maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2b4/...

I have defined a preGoal "xdoclet:ejbdoclet" in maven.xml

If I run this with just the following dependencies
<dependency>
    <id>xdoclet</id>
    <version>1.2b4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <id>xdoclet+ejb-module</id>
    <version>1.2b4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <id>j2ee</id>
    <version>1.3.1</version>
</dependency>

the ejbdoclet task runs fine, creating the ejb-jar.xml and required
interfaces.

However if I add the necessary dependencies (from xdoclet website
description) to run the JBoss part

<dependency>
    <id>xdoclet+jboss-module</id>
    <version>1.2b4</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <id>xdoclet+jmx-module</id>
    <version>1.2b4</version>
</dependency>

maven just skips past the preGoal doing nothing (not even the
ejb-jar.xml/interfaces part).

Anyone used xdoclet to generate JBoss descriptors with the Maven plugin?

TIA
--
Andy

Re: xdoclet plugin : Jboss

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 21:30, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> I've tried using all of the above (except the commons-jelly ones, and
> the xdoclet-jdo, xdoclet-apache - since I'm not using any of those), and
> I still get no success.

It appears that I lied :-) ... turns out that I was missing the
xdoclet-web-module and without that it doesn't bother giving an error or
anything. Include it and it works fine !

--
Andy

Re: xdoclet plugin : Jboss

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 16:30, King_Henree@yahoo.com wrote:
> Make sure you include the xjavadoc dependency.  I
> have:
>    <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-log</artifactId>
>    <version>20030211.142821</version>

>    <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-interaction</artifactId>
>    <version>SNAPSHOT</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>
>
>    <artifactId>xdoclet-xdoclet-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xjavadoc</artifactId>
>    <version>1.0</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-jdo-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-ejb-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-web-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-jboss-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-apache-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

>    <artifactId>xdoclet-jmx-module</artifactId>
>    <version>1.2b4</version>

Hi,

I've tried using all of the above (except the commons-jelly ones, and
the xdoclet-jdo, xdoclet-apache - since I'm not using any of those), and
I still get no success.

If I comment out just the xdoclet-jboss-module, it runs through xdoclet
fine (for the ejb tags). If I uncomment it, I get

java:compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /home/andy/work/WebShop/target/xdoclet
xdoclet:ejbdoclet:

    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 80 source files to
/home/andy/work/WebShop/target/classes
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.

and it ignores the work its supposed to do in ejbdoclet (!).

--
Andy

Re: xdoclet plugin : Jboss

Posted by "King_Henree@yahoo.com" <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Make sure you include the xjavadoc dependency.  I
have:

------------------------

         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>

<artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-log</artifactId>
             <version>20030211.142821</version>

<url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/log/</url>
          </dependency>

       <dependency>
        <id>commons-jelly</id>
        <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>

<artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-interaction</artifactId>
        <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

        <dependency>
          <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
          <artifactId>xdoclet</artifactId>
          <version>1.2b4</version>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
          <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>

<artifactId>xdoclet-xdoclet-module</artifactId>
          <version>1.2b4</version>
        </dependency>

      <dependency>
            <groupId>xjavadoc</groupId>
[...]

    <!-- This one is needed because jboss-module
depends on it -->
    <dependency>
        <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
        <artifactId>xdoclet-jmx-module</artifactId>
        <version>1.2b4</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

Thanks.