Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/12/15 18:33:55 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Ratis for Apache Incubator (Was: Concur for Apache Incubator)

I am proposing to rename Concur to Ratis (Latin for Raft).
If this name is acceptable, I will start a voting thread.

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/RatisProposal

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Tsz Sze <sz...@hortonworks.com>.
FYI, Jing Zhao and I just have finished removing hadoop dependency from the non-hadoop modules.  We will continue working on the documentations.

Thanks.
Tsz-Wo

On 12/16/16, 4:27 PM, "Tsz Sze" <sz...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    +1 Ratis sounds great!

    BTW, I am working on removing Apache Hadoop dependency (except for the raft-hadoop module) and more documentations.

    Thanks all for the feedbacks!

    Regards,
    Tsz-Wo

    On 12/16/16, 2:33 AM, "Jitendra Pandey" <ji...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> [...]

        >> &orgform=0&fylk
        >> >e=0&kommune=0
        >> >

        >> >But we can discuss the proposal even if it has to change its name -
        >> >that's OK to sort in the very beginning (but is very preferably
        >> >community-wise to agree before actually moving to the Incubator).
        >> >

        >> >I think it sounds like an interesting proposal but wonders which
        >> >consumers (and potential developers) it is targeting - I wonder about
        >> >the strong link to Hortonworks and Hadoop -- is Concur relying on
        >> >Hadoop, Hadoop might use Concur, or can Concur be used with many
        >> >things, including Hadoop?
        >> >

        >> >I see https://github.com/hortonworks/concur is already using
        >> >org.apache.raft (and before org.apache.hadoop.raft) as a package name
        >> >- I find this approach for proposals a bit concerning trademark-wise;
        >> >but then I didn't look closely if this started as a fork/pull request

        ?B‹KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB•??[œ?œ昧šX™K??K[XZ[?ˆ??™\˜[?][œ?œ昧šX™P?[˜?˜]??˜\?X?K›??‘›??Y??]?[?[??栢[X[™???K[XZ[?ˆ??™\˜[?Z?[???[˜?˜]??˜\?X?K›??

Re: [DISCUSS] Ratis for Apache Incubator (Was: Concur for Apache Incubator)

Posted by Tsz Sze <sz...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 Ratis sounds great!