Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Nagendra Korrapati <nk...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2020/04/22 15:46:40 UTC

Rocksdb Statistics

I am using kafka-streams-2.4.0. My issue details :

     metrics.recording.level is set to DEBUG
     Still all the stream-state-metrics values recorded are all 0. (Ex: bytes-written-total etc.,)

Changed the code in RocksDBStore class openDB method. Moved the call to maybeSetupMetricsRecorder  before the openRocksDB call in openDB method. It started working and able to see the metrics values.

Can anyone please comment on the above?

thanks
Nagendra

Re: Rocksdb Statistics

Posted by Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io>.
Hi Nagendra,

What you describe is a known issue:

And you also described the appropriate fix:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8256

The issue is fixed and will be included in 2.6.0, 2.4.2, 2.5.1.

I am sorry for any inconveniences.

Best,
Bruno