Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> on 2011/11/03 18:10:53 UTC

RE: Why RPC endcoded WSDL isn't supported in CXF?

Dears,

I'm trying to generate code using wsdl2java but the WSDL isn't supporting rpc encoded Why ?

Thanks,
Omar Atia

Re: Why RPC endcoded WSDL isn't supported in CXF?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
Yes, that's an old WSDL:
http://provisioning.eu.blackberry.com/webservices/Provisioning?WSDL
The site has outdated links at the bottom of it (references to BEAWLS
8.1, old JAX-RPC spec):
https://provisioning.eu.blackberry.com/webservices/Provisioning, it
looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time (maybe 3-4 years,
I dunno.)

Glen

Posted by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Why RPC endcoded WSDL isn't supported in CXF?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:50:30 PM Omar Atia wrote:
> I used axis with camel to generate the stubs cause axis supports rpc encoded

Axis1 supports rpc/encoded, but Axis2 does not.    Axis1 is much older
technology and is more based around the deprecated JAX-RPC spec and not any of
the newer specs.   That's why it does rpc-encoded.

As mentioned, none of the newer specs support or encourage rpc/encoded at all.
rpc/encoded was a disaster from an interopability standpoint so all the tool
kits really switched to literal as quickly as possible.  All the modern specs
and profiles really just refer to literal encoding now.   The only open source
toolkit that supports rpc-encoded is Axis1 which hasn't been updated in 5
years.

Dan

> .
 Sent via BlackBerry® from mtc touch

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Why RPC endcoded WSDL isn't supported in CXF?

Posted by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.