Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com> on 1999/11/15 05:48:16 UTC

test

Just a test from your friendly FOP developer :-)

James

Re: FOP user questions

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.

James,

I think having user questions in this forum is fine for now; there are few
and it certainly helps developer's to focus where it is needed. As with
other similar project's, I suspect that most developers=users anyway.

Dw

Re: FOP user questions

Posted by James Tauber <jt...@jtauber.com>.
> I haven't seen a 'fop user' list, so I'll ask the source...
>
>  1/
> I'm using 'display-graphic'.

AFAIK, display-graphic still doesn't work in FOP. I incorporated the work of
Stefano Bovone, et al in 0.12.0preX but I never got it working.

> 2/
> I can't get the 'region-before' area to work (or '-after'). Is this
> because 'static-content' isn't working or is my stylesheet incorrect?

Which version of FOP are you using? I broken static-content in 0.11.0 but
fixed it in the 0.12.0 pre-releases at http://www.onelist.com/files/fop-dev
and the version on xml.apache.org

James

FOP user questions

Posted by Alister Pillow <al...@n-space.com.au>.
Hi
I haven't seen a 'fop user' list, so I'll ask the source...

 1/
I'm using 'display-graphic'. My xml source has
<Figure href="fred.jpg"/>
ie a relative reference to a file. This works fine when I transform the
content to HTML, as the browser happily resolves the relative reference,
but I can't do the same with xsl and FOP.
This works:
<fo:display-graphic  href="file:c:/.../website/static/{@href}"/>
But the desired approach would be this:
<fo:display-graphic href="{@href}"/>

Is there another way of achieving this? Also, when an image is inserted,
it seems to mess up the page-flow.  It appears that the region-body size
doesn't take into account the image size.

2/
I can't get the 'region-before' area to work (or '-after'). Is this
because 'static-content' isn't working or is my stylesheet incorrect?

 <fo:root>
      <fo:layout-master-set>
        <fo:simple-page-master page-master-name="general">
          <fo:title>Simple Page Master Title</fo:title>
          <fo:region-body
              vertical-align="middle"
              margin-top="50px"
              margin-left="50px"
              margin-bottom="50px"
              margin-right="50px"
              padding="30px"
          />
         <fo:region-before
              reference-orientation="0"
              extent="60px"
              vertical-align="top"
              margin-top="50px"
              margin-left="50px"
              margin-bottom="50px"
              margin-right="50px"
               />
        </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>

      <fo:page-sequence initial-page-number="1">
        <fo:sequence-specification>
          <fo:sequence-specifier-repeating
              page-master-first="general"
              page-master-repeating="general"/>
        </fo:sequence-specification>
        <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-before">
          <fo:block
              font-family="Helvetica"
              font-size="14pt">Page Heading Here
           </fo:block>
        </fo:static-content>
        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-body" font-size="12pt"
line-height="12pt" font-family="Times">
          <xsl:apply-templates/>
        </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>
    </fo:root>

Thanks for the great work!

--
Alister Pillow
N-Space Pty Ltd

Advanced web application design and development
http://www.n-space.com.au
mailto: alister@n-space.com.au
phone: (08) 8359 2470