Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Guido Wilken <Gu...@isec7.com> on 2008/04/09 12:00:23 UTC

problem with cvs

Hi there,

I'm new to the list...

I have a slight problem with my continuum server. Hope I'm at the right
place and somebody can help.

I have several projects on the server which work fine, so I'm pretty
sure the server is working.

There is one project which caused me some headache so far.

Them pom.xml is mostly the same as the pom's from my other projects.

artifactID, groupId, SCM ... of course are different.

If the server tries to build the project (clean install) it downloads
all the necessary files (the "working copy" folder contains all of them)
but then the builder exits with the following error:

Provider message: The cvs command failed.
Command output:
-------

-------

But I'm pretty sure, that the pom.xml is ok. If I log into my machine
using the continuum account, using "cvs checkout" from the console and
then call "mvn clean install" the build runs fine.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks in advance!!

 Guido

Re: problem with cvs

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Guido Wilken <Gu...@isec7.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> by turning on DEBUG nothing more appeared in the logs.
> I had another desperate shot and ran "cvs update -d" in the working
> directory of the project.
> By doing so, I discovered that the cvs command had problems with german
> umlauts.
> Which didn't come up while running cvs update in another directory where I
> checked out the project.
> I don't know why...
> *dang*
> Changed a few filenames and now everything works fine
>
> Thanks for all your ideas...

no problem.

AW: problem with cvs

Re: problem with cvs

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

AW: problem with cvs

Posted by Guido Wilken <Gu...@isec7.com>.
Hi,

thanks fort he fast reply!
Yes, unfortunately it's the only output I get :(
And I was surprised too ;)

It is the first checkout.
But the checkout itself seems to work (as the "working copy" directory contains all files).

All output that's in the logs is this:

590094272 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Updating project: id: '29', name 'BlackBerry Client'.
590094275 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: /bin/sh -c "cd /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/working-directory/29 && cvs -z3 -f -q update -d"
590094275 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory: /opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/working-directory/29
590095101 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN  org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Error while updating the code for project: 'BlackBerry Client', id: '29' to '/opt/continuum-1.1/apps/continuum/webapp/WEB-INF/working-directory/29'.
590095101 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN  org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Command output:
590095101 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN  org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Provider message: The cvs command failed.
590095131 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Merging SCM results
590095169 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Error updating from SCM, not building
590095829 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  org.codehaus.plexus.notification.notifier.Notifier:mail  - Message Subject: '[continuum] BUILD ERROR: Default Project Group - BlackBerry Client - Build Def: default maven2 buildDefinition'.

So here as well there's no output regarding the error from cvs :(
But the thing I don't understand is, that the working directory (29) contains a valid checkout.
If I go to the working directory on the console as user continuum and type "mvn clean install" the build is successful.
I don't know, why the continuum-server thinks, that there's something wrong...

Cheers,
 Guido

> I have a slight problem with my continuum server. Hope I'm at the right
> place and somebody can help.

Yes, it's the right place.

Re: problem with cvs

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to the list...

Welcome :)

> I have a slight problem with my continuum server. Hope I'm at the right
> place and somebody can help.

Yes, it's the right place.