Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Onder SEZGIN <on...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/26 16:49:47 UTC

Build error on windows

Hi,

I am trying to build hadoop on windows.
and i am getting the error below.

Is there anyone who could get over the issue?

Cheers

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.3.1:exec (c
ompile-ms-winutils) on project hadoop-common: Command execution failed.
Process
exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal o
rg.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.3.1:exec (compile-ms-winutils) on
project h
adoop-common: Command execution failed.
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:216)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:145)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProje
ct(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProje
ct(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBu
ild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(Lifecycl
eStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:317)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:152)
        at
java:57)
        at
sorImpl.java:43)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Laun
cher.java:289)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.jav
a:229)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(La
uncher.java:415)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Command
execution fai
led.
        at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute(ExecMojo.java:303)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(Default
BuildPluginManager.java:106)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor
.java:208)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an
erro
r: 1 (Exit value: 1)
        at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecut
or.java:402)
        at
org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute(DefaultExecutor.java:
164)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine(ExecMojo.java:750)

        at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute(ExecMojo.java:292)
        ... 21 more
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
please rea
d the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionE
xception
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :hadoop-common

--
Sent from my iPhone

Re: Build error on windows

Posted by Onder SEZGIN <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am writing this email as a note for other users to resolve if they come
across such issue.
Found the solution by trying numerous building hadoop distributions.
The problem is not due to hadoop distributions or versions obviously,
It is because of building winutils id hadoop-common project.

While building winutils, it was requiring

cvtres.exe to be called to build the Windows Solution
dependency(winutils.sln).

So if you installed .net 4.5 framework,

cvtres.exe was using a wrong version of dll dependency.

What i did was to uninstall .net framework 4.5 and installing 4.0 framework
which is using the right version dll file and helping maven package ...
command to get over the issue and build hadoop successfully,

Possibble other solutions which is reasoned by cvtres.exe are explained in
stackoverflow and in  this blog post and windows update reference site.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10888391/error-link-fatal-error-lnk1123-failure-during-conversion-to-coff-file-inval

https://aimslife.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/incremental-linking-lnk1123-error-in-vs2010-while-building-project/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2011/04/01/visual-c-2010-sp1-compiler-update-for-the-windows-sdk-7-1.aspx

Thanks in advance...