Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/26 20:40:34 UTC

Re: T5: maven build error

Which version do you use?  I've head rumors that 0.0.10 is unstable,
so I've been holding back at 0.0.9.

On 3/26/07, Celia Mou <cm...@ocean7.com> wrote:
> Hi, has anyone tried to build a distribution of a T5 project using
> Eclipse Maven plugin?
>
> When I tried to build after following the steps of the tutorial and
> adding my own java and template files, it failed on the war file making.
> Here are the beginning line of the error dump:
> --------------------
> Diagnosis: Error configuring:
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin. Reason: Unable to parse
> the created DOM for plugin configuration
> FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
> configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin. Reason:
> Unable to parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
>     at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:563)
> --------------------
>
> I haven't changed the POM file from what was made by following the
> tutorial. One error I surrounded when building was a missing dependency
> of the plexus-utils:jar:1.4.1-SNAPSHOT. After that, the above appeared
> when re-running the maven build.
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
>
> celia

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

Re: T5: maven build error

Posted by Celia Mou <cm...@ocean7.com>.
Hi Howard,

I'm using 0.0.9. (JDK is 1.5, Eclipse 3.2.0 on Windows)

Thanks a lot for the help!

celia

Re: T5: maven build error

Posted by Stephan Schwab <sn...@caimito.net>.

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> Which version do you use?  I've head rumors that 0.0.10 is unstable,
> so I've been holding back at 0.0.9.

We use 0.0.10 of the M2Eclipse plugin since a few months. First we built it
from SVN and then switched to the released version. No problems so far. But
there were trouble with 0.0.9. Actually the only one using the "real" Maven
is our build server. Everybody else stays in Eclipse and let the plugin do
the work.

Stephan
--
http://www.stephan-schwab.com

Re: T5: maven build error

Posted by Jun Tsai <ju...@gmail.com>.
I think Tapestry should use other build system such as ivy.

2007/3/27, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:
> Which version do you use?  I've head rumors that 0.0.10 is unstable,
> so I've been holding back at 0.0.9.
>
> On 3/26/07, Celia Mou <cm...@ocean7.com> wrote:
> > Hi, has anyone tried to build a distribution of a T5 project using
> > Eclipse Maven plugin?
> >
> > When I tried to build after following the steps of the tutorial and
> > adding my own java and template files, it failed on the war file making.
> > Here are the beginning line of the error dump:
> > --------------------
> > Diagnosis: Error configuring:
> > org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin. Reason: Unable to parse
> > the created DOM for plugin configuration
> > FATAL ERROR: Error executing Maven for a project
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error
> > configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin. Reason:
> > Unable to parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
> >     at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:563)
> > --------------------
> >
> > I haven't changed the POM file from what was made by following the
> > tutorial. One error I surrounded when building was a missing dependency
> > of the plexus-utils:jar:1.4.1-SNAPSHOT. After that, the above appeared
> > when re-running the maven build.
> >
> > Any hint would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
> >
> > celia

> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.
> Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> Creator, Apache HiveMind

Welcome to China Java Users Group(CNJUG).
http://cnjug.dev.java.net