Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> on 2010/09/21 15:25:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Hi All

It's been about 6 weeks since 3.7 Beta 2, and about 8 months since 3.6
FINAL. The changelog [1] shows fixed a fair decent number of bugs
(mostly XSSF and formulas), as well as some improvements (especially to
HWPF and XWPF around text extraction and properties). So, as mentioned on
dev@ last week, I'd like to propose that we do another beta release now.

With any luck, this may be the last beta before 3.7 FINAL, but that'll largely
depend on the number of bugs found, and patches submitted in the next few
weeks. We are aiming for a FINAL release before ApacheCon though!

The release candidate files are available from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.7-beta3/
(The standard packages of source and binary are under /dist/, while the jars
and poms to feed into the maven repo are in /maven/)

As with all apache release votes, please check that not only does the code
work, and no major breakages have occured since the last release, but also that
packaging is correct, license headers and notices exist etc.

For anyone running with the full ooxml-schemas jar (instead of the cut-down
poi-ooxml-schemas jar), please not that this beta requires version 1.1, which
is the same XSDs but compiled for Java 1.5. You can get this by running the
"compile-ooxml-xsds" ant task, or from Maven. Previous POI releases, including
POI 3.7 beta 1 ran with the older Java 1.4 compiled versions, but we've now
switched.

Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 3 release will run
until Friday 24th September. Please vote:

  +1 - I support this release
   0 - I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it
  -1 - There's a problem with the release, and that is ....

Nick

[1] http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Nick Burch wrote:
> Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 3 release will run
> until Friday 24th September. Please vote:

As could probably be guessed, I'm +1

Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Rainer Klute <ra...@itemis.de>.

0

--
Rainer Klute
Software-Architekt

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-189
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 / 17396741
       +49 (0) 172 / 2324824

http://www.itemis.de/
rainer.klute@itemis.de
https://www.xing.com/profile/Rainer_Klute2
itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

OpenPGP-Fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E
- Wenn deine E-Mail vertraulicher als eine Postkarte sein soll...

Rechtlicher Hinweis:
Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621
Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Maxim Valyanskiy wrote:
> No, the problem is in XWPFHyperlinkDecorator from POI, it references
> CTPImpl$1HyperlinkList that is missing in poi-ooxml-schemas

Well, I suspect no-one is going to want to use XWPFHyperlinkDecorator any
more, since XWPFParagraph now does hyperlinks properly. It's marked as
deprecated. I'll add a test that fixes this though for the next release,
but I'm not sure it's a blocker for this one

Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Maxim Valyanskiy <ma...@jet.msk.su>.
  Hello!

22.09.2010 12:49, Nick Burch пишет:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Maxim Valyanskiy wrote:
>> Current Tika fails to work with 3.7beta3 due to:
>>
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/openxmlformats/schemas/wordprocessingml/x2006/main/impl/CTPImpl$1HyperlinkList
>
> The way hyperlinks work with beta 3 has been improved, and Tika was doing some
> very low level stuff, so this isn't a surprise

No, the problem is in XWPFHyperlinkDecorator from POI, it references
CTPImpl$1HyperlinkList that is missing in poi-ooxml-schemas

best wishes, Max

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Maxim Valyanskiy wrote:
> Current Tika fails to work with 3.7beta3 due to:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/openxmlformats/schemas/wordprocessingml/x2006/main/impl/CTPImpl$1HyperlinkList

The way hyperlinks work with beta 3 has been improved, and Tika was doing
some very low level stuff, so this isn't a surprise

> This problem goes away after applying patches from TIKA-506

In my book, this is the main thing :)

Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Maxim Valyanskiy <ma...@jet.msk.su>.
  Hello!

> Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 3 release will run until
> Friday 24th September. Please vote:
>
>  +1 - I support this release
>   0 - I don't object to this release, but I haven't checked it
>  -1 - There's a problem with the release, and that is ....
>
> Nick

Current Tika fails to work with 3.7beta3 due to:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/openxmlformats/schemas/wordprocessingml/x2006/main/impl/CTPImpl$1HyperlinkList
         at
org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.impl.CTPImpl.getHyperlinkList(Unknown
Source)
         at
org.apache.poi.xwpf.model.XWPFHyperlinkDecorator.<init>(XWPFHyperlinkDecorator.java:55)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.XWPFWordExtractorDecorator.buildXHTML(XWPFWordExtractorDecorator.java:78)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.getXHTML(AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java:88)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLExtractorFactory.parse(OOXMLExtractorFactory.java:83)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLParser.parse(OOXMLParser.java:68)
         at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:163)
         at org.apache.tika.parser.AutoDetectParser.parse(AutoDetectParser.java:146)
         at
org.apache.tika.extractor.ParserContainerExtractor.extract(ParserContainerExtractor.java:118)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.AbstractPOIContainerExtractionTest.process(AbstractPOIContainerExtractionTest.java:66)
         at
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLContainerExtractionTest.testWithoutEmbedded(OOXMLContainerExtractionTest.java:52)

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Maxim Valyanskiy <ma...@jet.msk.su>.
  +1

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
  +1

Yegor

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
0 - I wish I had time to check.

Re: [VOTE] Release POI 3.7 beta 3

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Nick Burch wrote:
> Voting to bless the release candidates as the 3.7 beta 3 release will run
> until Friday 24th September. Please vote:

Voting has finished, and we have the required 3 +1 pmc votes. I'll push
the release artifacts out to the mirrors shortly, and I'll tweak the
website once things have propagated

Yegor's resuming RM duty for 3.7 FINAL, so expect more details on the code
freeze from him in a few weeks!

Nick