Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Paulo Lopes <es...@megamail.pt> on 2001/05/08 13:33:58 UTC

WebdavResource suggestion

hi!

at this moment, the WebdavResource class has a method
getPath() that returns the complete uri (path +
uriname)

i have a suggestion to make:

why don't implement new methods in this class like
getURI() and getURIName(), and change the getPath() to
only return the path of the uri?

here is the source of the methods that i suggested:

public String getURI() {
    return httpURL.getPath();;
}

public String getURIName() {
    return httpURL().getName();
}

public String getPath() {
    return httpURL.getParent();
}

paulo lopes

p.s. sorry for my poor english

Email Enviado utilizando o servi�o MegaMail

Re: WebdavResource suggestion (correction)

Posted by "Park, Sung-Gu" <je...@thinkfree.com>.

> i don't no what you mean by the NO_ACTION flag.

With this flag, the client doesn't try to connect to an server.
So you can set the properties manually.   ;-)

> if i connect to a url
> like "http://localhost/webdav/index.html", the uri

For this, you can use the getHttpURLExceptForUserInfo method.
(It's an URI expression for HTTP URL.)

> would be "/webdav/index.html".

For this, you can use the getPath method.
(It's the path part for HTTP URL.)

> the getHttURL method returns this
> string: "http://username:password@localhost/webdav/inde
> x.html"

If you use the getHttpURL method, you get that.  ;-)
(It's an URI expression for HTTP URL.)

> that was just a suggestion.

Do you prefer to get getHttpURL instead of getHttpURLExceptForUserInfo?
I thought we need to have the method to represent the whole HTTP URL
expression.
;-)

Sung-Gu

Re: WebdavResource suggestion (correction)

Posted by Paulo Lopes <es...@megamail.pt>.
hi again sun-gu!

> > sorry, i made a mistake. the new getPath()
> would be
> > something like:
> >
> > public String getPath() {
> >    if (isCollection())
> >       return httpURL.getPath();
> >    else
> >       return httpURL.getParent();
> > }
>
> Do you want to get the collection only in the
> current WebDAV resource?
> That's the way.
> However, remember there is the NO_ACTION flag
> not to connect to a server.
> So, it's dependent on the develper to use the
> WebdavResource class.

i don't no what you mean by the NO_ACTION flag.

> > > hi!
> > >
> > > at this moment, the WebdavResource class
> has a
> > > method
> > > getPath() that returns the complete uri
> (path +
> > >
> > > uriname)
> > >
> > > i have a suggestion to make:
> > >
> > > why don't implement new methods in this
> class
> > > like
> > > getURI() and getURIName(), and change the
> > > getPath() to
> > > only return the path of the uri?
> > >
> > > here is the source of the methods that i
> > > suggested:
> > >
> > > public String getURI() {
>

> Do you mean the URI?
> Then, there is the getHttpURL method.

if i connect to a url
like "http://localhost/webdav/index.html", the uri
would be "/webdav/index.html".

the getHttURL method returns this
string: "http://username:password@localhost/webdav/inde
x.html"

that was just a suggestion.

thanks a lot!

paulo

Posted by "Park, Sung-Gu" <je...@thinkfree.com>.
> sorry, i made a mistake. the new getPath() would be
> something like:
>
> public String getPath() {
>    if (isCollection())
>       return httpURL.getPath();
>    else
>       return httpURL.getParent();
> }

Do you want to get the collection only in the current WebDAV resource?
That's the way.
However, remember there is the NO_ACTION flag not to connect to a server.
So, it's dependent on the develper to use the WebdavResource class.

> > hi!
> >
> > at this moment, the WebdavResource class has a
> > method
> > getPath() that returns the complete uri (path +
> >
> > uriname)
> >
> > i have a suggestion to make:
> >
> > why don't implement new methods in this class
> > like
> > getURI() and getURIName(), and change the
> > getPath() to
> > only return the path of the uri?
> >
> > here is the source of the methods that i
> > suggested:
> >
> > public String getURI() {

Do you mean the URI?
Then, there is the getHttpURL method.