Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Marc Loeb <ma...@bluesky-information.com> on 2013/08/20 21:02:17 UTC

Shard and Replicas in Lucene

Hi

I have an Lucene.NET implementation with as a prototype that I need to
rework. It seems to me that Lucene.NET is not up to date (last commit
Jan 13) and seems to use Lucene 3.0.3.

My major issue is that I scaling was not considered at design time, but
needs to be done now. Lucene does not support shards and replicas (but
solr can) - at least from my first impression.

My current alternatives for scaling seem to look like this:

-        Move to Solar cloud, abandon the current implementation

-        Create a shard/replica mechanism for Lucene

Any ideas? Thanks!

Marc

Re: Shard and Replicas in Lucene

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
Lucene is not about scaling out, its just a search engine library. You
should be using SolrCloud or ElasticSearch - the latter has a very good
.NET client library called NEST you can use

Posted by Aloke Ghoshal <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Refer to these:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.6/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supportedPlatforms&
https://support.lucidworks.com/entries/23291411-LucidWorks-in-cloud-mode-SolrCloud-on-Windows

Regards,
Aloke

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Marc Loeb <

Posted by Marc Loeb <ma...@bluesky-information.com>.
Hi

Posted by Aloke Ghoshal <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,