Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/10/26 17:18:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 2.9.1

OK, I've built release artifacts from svn rev 829846 (on the 2.9
branch), here:

  http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/staging-area/lucene2.9.1/

Changes are here:

  http://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/staging-area/lucene2.9.1changes/

Please vote to officially release these artifacts as Apache Lucene
Java 2.9.1.

Mike

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 2.9.1

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Yonik Seeley
> <yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> >> Looks good. One thing:
> >>
> >> In Mark's artifacts, he changed the common-build.xml to not have -dev
> in the
> >> version before the release. You can see this in SVN. I am fine with
> having
> >> -dev in the source artefact, because if someone compiles his own bin
> from
> >> the artefact, it should have -dev in it, because it's not an official
> build.
> >
> > Right, having the "-dev" when someone tries to build it themselves is
> > the way we should keep it.
>
> +1
>
> So this means in general when doing the release, we leave the -dev in
> there?  Ie, leaving the -dev doesn't affect the binary release (which
> gets its version, eg in the JAR's manifest, from the -Dversion=2.9.1
> on the ant command line), I think?

Exactly!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 2.9.1

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Looks good. One thing:
>
> In Mark's artifacts, he changed the common-build.xml to not have -dev in the
> version before the release. You can see this in SVN. I am fine with having
> -dev in the source artefact, because if someone compiles his own bin from
> the artefact, it should have -dev in it, because it's not an official build.

Right, having the "-dev" when someone tries to build it themselves is
the way we should keep it.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene Java 2.9.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Looks good. One thing:

In Mark's artifacts, he changed the common-build.xml to not have -dev in the
version before the release. You can see this in SVN. I am fine with having
-dev in the source artefact, because if someone compiles his own bin from
the artefact, it should have -dev in it, because it's not an official build.

Any comments about this?:

I found something in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1973 that
may need un-deprecation. Can you and Mark Miller also look into it?

I find the method is very useful to prevent users from creating
TopFieldDocCollector manually, what produced lots of confusion about the
parameters of the static ctor (have to ask the weight for it..., hard to
explain for someone, who only wants scores for sorted results).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen