Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Kasun Siriwardhana <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 04:57:01 UTC

GSOC 2012

Hello devs,

I am Kasun Pinsara, an undergraduate in University University of Colombo
Sri Lanka. I have an idea of involving Google Summer of Code 2012
[GSOC-2012] <http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012> .
I am interested in ActiveMQ project and would like to work with the team
and gain a good experience. I have some experience in working with software
development with open source technologies(java,maven,ant,
spring, tomcat etc). If there are any project ideas for the program please
give me some help. So that I can focus more and submit a good proposal for
the GOSC program. It would be a great support for me.

Best Regards,
Kasun Pinsara

Re: GSOC 2012

Posted by Mo Morsi <mm...@redhat.com>.
On 03/12/2012 12:00 AM, Kasun Siriwardhana wrote:
> oops.sorry. I was looking some possibilities for a project. In earlier mail
> I mentioned Apache ActiveMq in it was a mistake. Sorry for that.
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Kasun Siriwardhana <
> kasun.siri.uoc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello devs,
>>
>> I am Kasun Pinsara, an undergraduate in University University of Colombo
>> Sri Lanka. I have an idea of involving Google Summer of Code 2012
>> [GSOC-2012] <http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012>. I am interested in Deltacloud project and would like to work with the
>> team and gain a good experience. I have some experience in working with
>> software development with open source technologies(java,maven,ant,
>> spring, tomcat etc). If there are any project ideas for the program please
>> give me some help. So that I can focus more and submit a good proposal for
>> the GOSC program. It would be a great support for me.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Kasun Pinsara

Hey Karsun, thank for reaching out. If your interested in Deltacloud /
Aeolus and the GSoC, feel free to checkout the Fedora GSoC ideas page
where we submitted a project idea [1] regarding expanding Cloud
integration to the Fedora desktop.

Of course we are also always looking for additional cloud support, novel
ways to deploy to the cloud, and expanded testing, documentation and
feature sets, so if any of these sounds of interest to you, feel free to
submit a proposal of your own here [2].

Also feel free to follow up here or ping me on irc (mmorsi on freenode)
if you have any more questions about the project.

  -Mo

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2012#Bringing_the_Fedora_Desktop_to_the_Cloud
[2]